Let’s Get Sewing
Learn the basics of using a sewing machine and gain confidence in using various stitches before making a range of fun sewing projects for gifts or use in the home. Projects include: cushions, apron bunting, pencil cases and more. This course will help you to develop your skills so you can move onto more intermediate projects. Learning outcomes include:
- Work safely, using appropriate materials, tools and equipment for sewing.
- Identify and use a sewing machine safely.
- Estimate/measure and cut fabric accurately.
- Compare and select appropriate fabrics for each project.
- Prepare and make a range of hand and machine sewn items.
- Evaluate completed projects to recommend areas for improvement.
This course is for adults aged 19+ who have little or no experience with sewing.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 17th May and ending 5th July 2018
To enrol, please contact Janine Starr – Oasis Hub North Bristol 07766750123 or email@example.com
Further information: http://www.oasisuk.oasissites.org/where-we-work/south-west/north-bristol