Learning Ambassador Course
This course will enable you to volunteer at the Somali Resource Centre. The aim is for Learning Ambassadors to volunteer as facilitators at the Somali Resource Centre. By learning techniques to feel more confident to help children read, the Ambassadors will be able to impart their skills and make other parents feel confident to help their children read. Learning outcomes include:
- Share ideas for games and fun activities to make and play at home.
- Identify home activities, which will support the children’s learning at school.
- Help children develop a love of reading by exploring the language in a fun way using adjectives and sounds.
- Develop and improve the English skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening in a practical and communicative way using the context of ‘reading together with our children’.
- Create a book to read with their children.
This course is aimed at Bristol Learning City Learning Ambassadors.
The course consists of two morning sessions on Tuesday 20th March 2018 and Friday 23rd March 2018.
To enrol, please contact Edwina Provansal 07825315820.
Further information: Follow link https://www.bristollearningcity.com/get-involved/become-a-learning-ambassador/