Keeping up with the Children – English
This course will offer learners the opportunity to improve their own English skills and find out how English is taught in school. Learning outcomes include:
- Describe a variety of speed sounds and letter combinations and how to sound out words.
- Identify the correct use of apostrophes.
- Identify examples of a variety of sentence structure elements, including adjectives, nouns, verbs and adverbs.
- Demonstrate correct cursive writing for 80% of letters.
- Describe elements of a good story, including adjectives, openers, rule of three and character thoughts and actions.
- Recall at least four features of a Non Chron Report and instructions.
- Describe connectives, phrases, clauses and simple and complex sentences.
- To be able to write an article, using a clear structure and observing good grammar.
- To be able to identify the main points of view in an article.
This course is aimed at parents/carers over 19 years who wish to improve their English skills to support their children’s learning of English.
The course will run on a weekly basis every Tuesday ending 19th June 2018.
To enrol, please contact Clare Morton at Begbrook Primary Academy on 0117 9030386
Further information: On street parking available near venue