IT for Beginners
This course starts on the 18th September. Please enrol within one week of this date.
A 6 week course to get to grips with the basics of computers. Using the mouse, keyboard, getting onto the internet and email, plus an introduction to Microsoft Word.
This course aims to provide an introduction to using the basic functions of the Internet, Email and MSWord on a Windows computer and to raise learners confidence and skills using a computer and encourage them to think about further learning.
- Identify the main hardware components of a Windows computer
- Use a mouse and keyboard to enable activity on the computer
- Open a browser and type in a URL to locate a specific website
- Use the internet to search for and access various online services
- Understand and practice good internet safety measures
- Create and save a simple Microsoft Word document
- Demonstrate a range of different printing options
- Use a Windows computer independently to manage an email account
This course is aimed at adults aged 19+ with few or no qualifications.
Call 0117 909 1749 or 07546 451888 to enrol