Introduction to Preschool Play
A practical course to help you find out more about working in a preschool setting. Includes activities, some theory and a link to volunteering at Knowle West Children’s Centre. Progression courses planned to follow on form this one. Increase knowledge of working in a preschool setting and gain/improve useful skills when supporting preschool age children’s learning and development through play. Learning objectives include:
- Carry out a creative activity relative to working with preschool children.
- Recognise four ways children’s learning is supported through play.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of at least one role within a preschool setting.
- Demonstrate ways to keep children’s play safe whilst inside or outside.
- Recognise the steps taken to safeguard children.
- List four pros and cons of working as a team.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) wanting to learn more about volunteering or working in a preschool setting.
Progression courses are planned as a follow on from this including Food Safety Level 2, Health and Social Care Level 1 and First Aid.
The course will run weekly – every Wednesday – from 19th September to 24th October 2018
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 0117 9039763 or 07788353446
Further information: Fully accessible venue and has a crèche – space must be booked before course. Car park and street parking available.