An introduction to healthy food and how to eat well for less. Course includes tips on managing on a budget and the health benefits of eating a balanced diet. The aim is to develop knowledge and understanding of what is meant by a balanced diet. Learning objectives include:
- Identify what is meant by a balanced diet.
- Recognise the five food groups that make up the FSA Eatwell Plate.
- Identify food swaps that can help to reduce your calorie intake.
- Confidently read food labels to help you make healthier choices.
- Take part in a cooking and tasting activity.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) that wish to improve their health and well-being, and focus on developing their knowledge in sustaining a healthy well-balanced diet.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 9th October to 13th November 2018
To enrol, please contact Jacky (Jaxx) Korn – Redcatch Community Garden 07305690667