Healthy Cooking for a Healthier You
You will learn to create healthy menus and improve your cooking skills to make tasty balanced meals. Course will have a mix of cooking, information, discussion and activities to help you improve skills and health. Improve your health and wellbeing by learning to cook and plan a healthy, balanced diet. Learning outcomes include:
- Describe and demonstrate how to read food labels.
- Understand how the traffic system works.
- List and identify the five food groups and practice how to divide food into groups.
- Identify the correct food portion for daily amounts from the individual food groups.
- Identify Body Mass Index calculations.
- Demonstrate how to reduce fats, salts and sugar in our diets and recognise what foods contain this.
- Follow step-by-step recipe sheets accurately when cooking.
- Explain the benefits of healthy eating and a more active lifestyle.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) with few or no qualifications that have a desire to improve their health and well-being. Crèche available but places must be booked.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 8th November to 20th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 0117 9039763 or 07788353446
Further information: Fully accessible venue, car park on site. Buses 36 and 90 run nearby.