Functional Skills Maths
This course will allow learners to work towards an accredited maths qualification up to level 2.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Use, convert and calculate using metric measures (and imperial measures L2)
- Solve problems requiring calculation, with common measures, including money, time, length, weight, capacity and temperature.
- Solve problems involving ratio and proportion, where one number is a multiple of the other.
- Use simple formulae expressed in words for one or two step operations.
- Construct geometric diagrams, models and shapes
- Find area, perimeter (and volume L2) of common shapes
- Extract and interpret information from tables, diagrams, charts and graphs
- Find mean and range(Find median and mode L2)
The course is aimed at adults over 19 with below level 2 in Maths.
A crèche will be available but this will need to be booked in advance.
The course will run on Fridays, 9.30 to 12.00 from 11 January to 28 June 2019
To enrol contact Richard Davies on 07788 353420
For more info see filtonavenue.com