Functional Skills English
This is an accredited OCR course in English. Learners develop the skills and knowledge towards taking an English qualification. Learning objectives include:
- Identifying purpose, opinion and bias in a range if texts.
- Using punctuation marks correctly, including apostrophes and commas.
- Organising and structuring writing effectively.
- Speaking clearly and participate fully during a group discussion.
- Writing using a range of formats (e.g. formal letter, report, leaflet, etc.)
- Using appropriate language during formal spoken interactions/presentations.
- Correctly spelling commonly misspelled words.
This course is aimed at adults over 19 years at Entry Level 3 and above who wish to gain an English qualification. It will run on a weekly basis until 29th June 2018
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Venue information: Parking available outside on the road outside the venue. Alternatively, the Number 4 bus runs every 20 minutes from Bristol Station to Badenham Grove stop which is a short stroll from the venue.