Find your Talent
This is a 6-week Digital Art and Photography course where you can learn to make striking digital artworks by exploring Old Market for the beautiful, unusual, everyday things we often pass by. You will be shown how to get the best from a digital camera or camera phone and how to use a range of apps and editing software to edit your photos, combining them with words as a title, written response, poem or story to make a unique artwork.
Cameras and computers will be provided but participants are encouraged to bring their own digital camera, tablet or smart phone so they can carry on their new skills at home if they wish.
The aim of the course is to encourage learners to process and respond to their environment, gaining confidence and new skills in their artistic and communication abilities while engaging in the local community and YES support service. Learning outcomes include:
- Use a digital camera or camera phone.
- Learn to ‘see’ and respond to your environment.
- Edit images with premium software such as apps and Photoshop.
- Write or dictate draft text to accompany images.
- Edit text to create the effect you want.
- Speak to others about the artwork you have produced.
- Listen and respond to others speaking about their artwork.
- Feel confident in expressing yourself in words and pictures.
This course is aimed at adults who want to improve their literacy skills while developing their artistic talents.
The course will run for six weeks – every Wednesday – from 9th May to 20th June 2018
To enrol, please contact Chris Cox on 0117 9739744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone to book your place, a map and bus information can be sent to out. No parking on site.