Everyday Healthy Options
This short course will help learners to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of ingredients, a balanced diet and healthy eating and gain an understanding of small manageable changes which will make a big difference to their health and wellbeing. Learning outcomes include:
- Identify what is meant by a ‘balanced diet’ and the importance of this to overall health and wellbeing.
- Recognize the five food groups that make up the FSA Eatwell plate, how those different foods contribute towards a healthy balanced diet and the appropriate portion size of the segments for each of the food groups.
- List the three macronutrients essential to human health.
- Take part in a cooking/tasting activity
- State what is meant by a ‘whole setting approach’ and the benefits of seasonal, locally grown produce.
- Identify affordable, healthy ingredients/substitutes and cooking methods.
This course is aimed at learners aged 19+ wishing to gain confidence and a general awareness of healthy eating, healthy cooking, nutritional values of food.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – until 19th June 2018
To enrol, please contact Jaxx (Jacky) Korn – Redcatch Community Garden Ltd. on 07872514604
Further information: Follow link https://en-gb.facebook.com/redcatchcommunitygarden/