ESOL for Everyday
Improve your reading, writing and speaking of English for everyday situations in this friendly class. Free crèche but must book a place. Course free if on means-tested benefits and fee of £60.00 if not on benefits for this 10-week course. Learning objectives include:
- Be able to accurately read a short text for meaning.
- Demonstrate an improvement on spelling skills including use of a dictionary.
- Use the first two letters of a word to correctly alphabetise a list.
- Identify nouns, adjectives and verbs in a sentence and select the correct word order.
- Practise using English in everyday situations demonstrating increased self-confidence.
This course is aimed at learners (19+ years) whose first language is not English and want to improve their reading, writing and speaking skills.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 24th September to 3rd December 2018
To enrol, please contact Lucy Fieldhouse 0117 9039763 or 07788353446
Further information: Entrance to Children’s Centre is in British Road, around the corner from Compass Point school entrance. Street parking. Fully accessible venue.