ESOL for Community
This course aims to encouraging students to be positively involved in their communities and to learn everyday English to participate in daily life in the UK. To build confidence and skills in speaking, listening, writing and reading in English. Learning objectives include:
- Locate specific information from a range of texts.
- Identify purpose, layout features and persuasive elements in a range of texts.
- Structure and organise writing effectively using appropriate format according to purpose and audience.
- Use punctuation correctly, including apostrophes and commas.
- Share ideas and opinions more than once using formal language in a group discussion.
- Listen and respond in a relevant way to another person’s contribution.
This course is open to learners (19+ years) that want to improve their written and reading English skills.
There is a fee of £60.00 for this course unless you are on means-tested benefits – you will need to bring ID and proof of benefits to the first session.
The course will run weekly – every Wednesday – 19th September to 21st November 2018
To enrol, please contact Shani Smith 07775227352
Further information: Disabled parking bays available on site – street parking available close to venue.