English for Work
A course for adults to gain or improve on the skills which are necessary to obtain employment or increase their chances of promotion at work. This includes Reading, Writing and improving spelling, grammar and punctuation skills for writing up CVs, letters and so on.
The aim is to improve communication (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening) skills for a work context. Learning objectives include:
- Recognise some difficulties that might prevent or stop you getting the job you want
- Recognise that there are rules which must be followed in meaningful discussions
- Recognise some words and terms specific to job application forms etc.
- Recognise that certain features of text (e.g. in job adverts) are used with a specific purpose
- Practice at least one method for requesting or asking for appropriate information
- Read and understand text relevant to work e.g. Health and Safety material
- Choose and write personal information which is relevant and specific
The course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) whom are interested gaining or improving upon the skills which are necessary to obtain employment or increase their chances of promotion at work.
The course will run weekly – every Friday – from 12th October to 23rd November 2018
To enrol, please contact Christine Cox – Youth Education Service 0117 973 9744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone or email to book your place, a map and bus information can be sent to you. No parking on site.