English for CV Writing/Work
This short course will help you brush up your English skills so that you can write a good CV, covering letter or application for work or volunteering. Focus on improving your written English skills. Learning outcomes include:
- Recognise and use ‘Standard English’
- Use full stops and capital letters correctly
- Plan and draft one piece of formal writing using paragraphs e.g. cover letter, letter of complaint, etc.
- List two or more personal skills and abilities
- Construct simple and compound sentences when writing a CV or cover letter
- Think of one or more areas to improve upon in your written English
This course is aimed at adults over 19 years who have few or no qualifications and who are looking for support with applying for work.
The course will run weekly – every Friday – 8th June to 13th July 2018
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Further information: Limited parking available on site or use side roads, buses to main road.