Emergency First Aid at Work
This course begins on the 11th May. Please enrol within two weeks of this date.
This course aims to equip learners with knowledge, skills and accreditation to perform emergency first aid at work
- Describe and the roles and responsibilities of a First Aider.
- Assess an incident correctly and decide on first steps including possible use of a defibrillator
- Manage an unconscious patient that is breathing normally
- Manage an unconscious casualty that is not breathing normally recognising vital ways to help
- Recognise and effectively assist a patient that is choking
- Manage a patient with external bleeding and/or a minor injury correctly
- Manage a casualty that is in shock following correct procedures
- Complete assessment successfully showing increased knowledge, skills and understanding
Anyone wanting to gain an Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate – this lasts for 3 years
Hands on course that will help you recognise and deal with an emergency in a work setting and gain a qualification.
Course fees of £18.00 may apply if not on a means tested benefit. Free if on a means tested benefit. Bring ID and evidience of any benefits to first session.
To enrol on this course please contact Helen via the details on the right.