Emergency First Aid at Work
To equip learners with knowledge, skills to perform emergency first aid at work or as volunteers. Learners will gain a certificate from Acorn Health and Safety. Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the role of a First Aider.
- List the contents of a First Aid kit.
- State the reason for the importance of record-keeping.
- Deal with an unconscious casualty.
- Understand cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the safe use of a defibrillator.
- Manage a choking casualty.
- Manage external bleeding and shock – including: catastrophic bleeding and the use of tourniquets and haemostatic dressings.
- Provide appropriate First Aid for minor injuries – including: small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and splinters.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) who wish to gain First Aid skills for work or volunteering.
This course takes place over two days – Monday 11th June & Thursday 14th June 2018
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Further information: Accessible venue, parking available on street and in local car park, bus to Crow Lane.