Emergency First Aid at Work
To equip learners with knowledge, skills to perform Emergency First Aid at work or as volunteers. Learners will gain a certificate from Acorn Health and Safety. The aim of the course is to equip learners with knowledge, skills to perform Emergency First Aid at work or as volunteers. Learning outcomes include:
- Understand the role of a First Aider.
- List the contents of a First Aid kit.
- State the reason for the importance of keeping a record.
- Deal with an unconscious casualty.
- Understand cardiopulmonary resuscitation and the safe use of a defibrillator.
- Manage a choking casualty.
- Manage external bleeding and shock including catastrophic bleeding and the use of tourniquets and haemostatic dressings.
- Provide appropriate First Aid for minor injuries such as small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and splinters.
This course is aimed at learners who wish to gain First Aid skills for work and volunteering.
This course is a one-day session. To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney 0117 9030072 or 07887451776.
Further information: See link https://www.acornsafety.co.uk/health-safety-training/first-aid-courses/