Emergency First Aid at Work
A practical and theory-based course, learners can gain an Emergency First Aid At Work certificate with Indigo Bubble Training company. The aim of the course is to equip learners with an overview knowledge and skills to be able to deal with an emergency situation and perform emergency aid as a first aider at work or as a volunteer. Learning objectives include:
- Explain the role and list the priorities of a first aider.
- List the contents and essentials of a first aid kit.
- Understand and demonstrate how to and deal with an unconscious casualty, assess a choking casualty and be able to give emergency aid.
- Deal with a bleed, fracture, sprain and strain and recognise the differences.
- Understand (and perform) cardiopulmonary resuscitation and state one or more reason(s) for the safe use of a defibrillator.
- Assess and state how to give emergency aid to a burn or a scald.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries, including small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, and scalds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of urgent medical conditions, stroke, diabetes, heart attack, angina and epilepsy.
The course is open to learners (aged 19+) who would benefit from gaining this knowledge and the certificate to use in their work or as volunteers.
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 19th November to 10th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Shani Smith 07775227352 or email@example.com
Further information: Metered parking available nearby, or bus routes close to and within walking distance of Cabot Circus.