Computer/Digital Skills for Work
A course for beginners or anyone wanting to brush up their computer/digital skills for work and/or volunteering. This course will give learners the experience of writing emails, using the internet, online applications, e- safety, Word and/or Excel. It will also give learners an opportunity to find out how to access BCC’s Citizen Services online as well as an opportunity to get ready for Universal Credit.
Learning outcomes include:
- Send, reply and forward an email message.
- Record job search activities in an online journal.
- Upload a document to an online account e.g. CV.
- Discuss how to deal with potential e-safety risks.
- Discuss the importance of budgeting money.
- Create a monthly household budget (using Excel or other)
This course is open to learners (aged 19+) who wish to brush up their computer skills and learn new skills, especially for Job Seekers.
The course will run weekly – every Thursday – from 24th January to 7th March 2019.
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney on 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Further info: Bus to Crow Lane in Henbury. There is parking available in small car park on Machin Road.