Communication for Work and Volunteering
A supportive course for adults who are hoping to move/move back into volunteering or work. The emphasis will be on building confidence and developing clarity about what their next steps are going to be.
The course will target those for whom communication skills (in particular literacy) are a barrier to gaining employment and as well as helping them to improve their skills will support them in asking for the reasonable adjustments and support they need.
Learning outcomes include:
- Tell someone what I am good at
- Tell someone what my plans are for volunteering or work
- Share ideas of where to look for volunteering opportunities and/or work
- Ask for the support I need in a volunteering placement or at work
- Manage reading tasks in volunteering or at work
- Manage writing tasks in volunteering or at work
- Feel confident in speaking and listening in volunteering or at work
- Feel prepared for an interview
This course is aimed at adults (19+ years) who are hoping to move (back) into employment or volunteering, especially those who find communication skills, in particular literacy, a barrier and feel the need to be more confident.
The course will run weekly – every Friday – from 28th September to 23rd November 2018
To enrol, please contact Christine Cox – Youth Education Service 0117 973 9744 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information: The venue is accessible via public transport. Phone or email to get a map and bus information. No parking on site.