Communication for work and volunteering
This course begins on the 19th September. Please enrol within two weeks of this date.
A supportive course for adults who are hoping to move/move back into volunteering or work. The emphasis will be on building confidence and developing clarity about what their next steps are going to be.
The course will target those for whom communication skills (in particular literacy) are a barrier to gaining employment and as well as helping them to improve their skills will support them in asking for the reasonable adjustments and support they need.
- Tell someone what I am good at, and what my plans are for volunteering or work
- Manage writing tasks in volunteering or at work
- Share ideas of where to look for volunteering opportunities and/or work
- Ask for the support I need in a volunteering placement or at work
- Feel confident in speaking and listening in volunteering or work
- Feel prepared for an interview
This course is aimed at adults who are hoping to move (back) into employment or volunteering, especially those who find communication skills, in particular literacy, a barrier.
To enrol contact YES on 0117 9739744
The venue is accessible via public transport. If you phone to book your place, I can send a map and bus information. No parking on site.