Brush up your English (for Work)
This course will support learners to develop literacy skills for work; including speaking with confidence, reading, writing, spelling, punctuation and grammar. Please note that this is NOT an ESOL course and learners with English as an additional language will need to be at Entry Level 3 or above. Learning outcomes include:
- Read and describe the main points of different types of texts.
- Use full stops and capital letters correctly.
- Plan and draft more than one piece of writing using paragraphs.
- Construct simple and compound sentences, through development of a job application or CV.
- Correctly spell common words and those relevant to them.
- Develop speaking and listening skills needed for an interview.
- Learn the correct spellings for at least 10 words related to job searches.
This course is for learners aged 19+ years who want to improve their English language speaking, reading and writing skills; for work/volunteering or home.
The course will run every Thursday for six weeks ending 24th May 2018.
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney 0117 9030072 or 07887451776.
Further information: On street parking available, train station close by, regular buses to village.