Brush Up Maths
A practical course that can help develop your skills and confidence in using maths and solving Maths problems. Learn in a supportive class and online with other adults. This course can lead to a Functional Skills qualification staring in 2019. This classroom and online-based course will help you build skills and self-confidence to use Maths for everyday. Learning objectives include:
- Read, write and order numbers including large e.g. up to 1 million.
- Round numbers to the nearest ten, hundred and thousand.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers using a range of strategies.
- Use multiplication facts and make connections with division facts.
- Multiply and divide whole numbers and decimals by 10, 100 and 1000.
- Solve problems with common measures including money, time and temperature.
- Estimate, measure and compare metric units in everyday situations.
- Read, write, order and compare common fractions.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) with qualifications lower than Level 2 (GCSE grade A-C, O-Level, etc.)
The course will run weekly – every Monday – from 5th November to 17th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney 0017 9030072 or 07887451776
Further information: The centre is a fully accessible building. On bus route to Long Cross.