Brush Up English
This Pathways course will give you the opportunity to learn new skills, increase your confidence in reading, writing and speaking and help prepare you for joining a Functional Skills English course in the new year. Increase skills, knowledge and confidence in reading, writing and speaking and to help prepare you to take an Entry 3, Level 1 or Level 2 English Functional Skills qualification. Learning objectives include:
- Identify and summarise the main points of texts.
- Identify layout features in a range of texts.
- Plan and draft writing, and organise it into paragraphs.
- Correctly spell commonly used words and those relevant to them.
- Correctly use capital letters and full stops.
- All learners will share ideas and opinions at least once in a formal discussion setting.
This course is aimed at learners (aged 19+) who want to improve their reading, writing, speaking & listening skills. Option to progress to a qualification in January 2019.
The course will run weekly – every Friday – from 5th October to 7th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Suzanne Gaffney 0117 9030072 or 07887451776
Further information: See website bhchildrenscentre.org.uk/