A pre-employment course for people who identify as being disabled or having a long-term health condition who may be thinking about returning to employment or training?
This course will increase confidence of learners, introducing them to mindfulness and calming techniques, discuss disability/long-term health condition and barriers to working, transferable skills, disclosure to employers and support in the work place. Improve upon basic IT skills in everyday life using Learn My Way. What are our next steps to moving closer to employment, voluntary work or training?
Learning objectives include:
- Improve self-confidence (measured by snap shots and ILP and ‘moving on’ plan).
- Improve IT confidence around using the Internet including e-safety and online banking.
- Create small changes to ourselves and our lifestyles to improve anxiety using wellbeing methods such as diet, exercise, communication and mindfulness.
- Understand disclosure, equality law and your rights in the workplace, in work support, reasonable adjustments and Access to Work support.
- Decide next-step learning/training, volunteering, employment support (WoEW/JCP/Working Health Programme/Employability Course).
- Learn and understand own level of Literacy and Numeracy.
This course is aimed specifically at learners that identify as disabled or have a long-term health condition (aged 19+), who may be thinking of returning to employment or training.
The course will run weekly – every Tuesday – from 20th November to 18th December 2018
To enrol, please contact Gary Scull or Alison Browning – WECIL on 0117 9479911 or email@example.com
Further information: Fully accessible venue with parking and close to public transport links.