For people who identify as being disabled or having a long-term health condition who may be thinking about returning to employment or training?
This course will increase learners’ confidence through a holistic approach. The course will cover topics such as well being, barriers to employment and how to overcome them, employment rights, improving IT, maths and English skills and taking the next steps. Learning objectives include:
- Recognise the skills we have and explain how they could be used in the workplace.
- Complete a literacy and numeracy assessment and improve those skills.
- Identify barriers that prevent us from working and give examples of adjustments to overcome them.
- Discuss British values and PREVENT and relate these to everyday situations.
- Discuss disclosure, employment law and rights in the workplace.
- Develop everyday IT skills using Learn My Way.
- Try methods such as diet and exercise, communication and mindfulness techniques to improve general wellbeing.
This course is aimed specifically at learners that identify as disabled or have a long-term health condition (aged 19+), who may be thinking of returning to employment or training.
The course will run weekly – every Wednesday – from 10th October to 14th November 2018
To enrol, please contact Gary Scull or Alison Browning – WECIL on 0117 9479911
Further information: Parking at roof level, buses run from city centre to Broadwalk Shopping Centre. Wheelchair access and lifts available to the Library.